I got what is probably the bloggiest compliment a blog can get: A nomination for a Liebster Award. Which means other folks are noticing what I’m doing, and I get to see even more blogs and notice how awesome they are. So a special thank you to Complexity Through Joy for the nod, and I hope to do you proud.
- What is your comfort food? I’m a sucker for casseroles. My mother never made them, aside from the occasional baked ziti. I am thoroughly convinced that someone could present me with shredded shoe leather in a creamy sauce and topped with bread crumbs and I’d still have at least two helpings.
- Is there someone in the media who really makes you laugh? Who is it? Graham Norton (has his own show on BBC, and The Hubs and I watch on BBC America). He sits all 3-4 of his guests together on one couch, gets them any drink they want, and lets them run with the conversation. Close second is Jimmy Fallon because he gets famous people to crack eggs on their head or play charades. Both of them show us that celebrities are real people who are here for a good time, not for a long time.
- What is your favorite time in history? Wow! That made me stutter-step for a second. The first answer would be the Middle Ages Renaissance, like a good little RenRat… but actually all of history fascinates me (that, and the average Renaissance Faire is about as accurate as an Oliver Stone film). Ancient Rome is amazing, and so is the Roaring 20s. The real Middle Ages, of the Canterbury Tales and the Decameron– love that.
- Why? People don’t change: they still want love, they require something beyond themselves. They choose right or wrong, and live with the consequences.
- What’s your favorite season? Early Fall. Aside from an October birthday, it’s the season most of my wardrobe suits best– dresses, jeans and t-shirts, stuff like that.
- Pie or cake? Yes, please! Actually, I think pie is better, but nobody makes birthday pie (maybe that should become a thing…) and there are a LOT of birthdays in my family.
- What was the last book you read? Princess Baby On the Go! I have a 15-month-old, after all! Seriously, though… I’m reading The Red Badge of Courage with a tutoring student, and I’m catching up on my magazine subscriptions (I now have Archaeology–woot!)
- To where do you most want to travel? Back to Rome– honor the promise of the Three Coins in the Fountain. Also Ireland, because every time I see pictures I just want to dive into them.
- When do you most feel in your element? You know, I just went for an interview in Manhattan, and I think it was the first time I was there by myself… and I just loved it. I was able to kill three hours in Rockefeller Plaza, walked through Times Square, and wasn’t the least bit fearful of it. To be honest, I’m not sure if it was the City or the Alone Time that I embraced the most, but if anything is going to take me away from my kids and home, it’s a fat paycheck and a MetroCard.
- When do you most feel out of it? When I have to get a crafty item put together. My sorority sisters would always joke about who was “Queen of the Crafty Item” when we had sisterhood events, and I was totally NEVER in the running. I have a box, a bag, and a basket filled with attempted craftiness: cross stitch kits, crochet hooks and yarn, acrylic paints, and scrapbooking paper. I don’t think I suck at it, per se… I just can’t seem to follow through, and I think that kills my enjoyment of it.
OK… so now to pass this fun along….
Um… yeah. It’s supposed to be 10. I need to follow more blogs before I have 10 that I’m willing to nominate. But here are your questions, you lucky folks!
- What is the one thing you must drink daily?
- What would you say you are most likely to take pictures of (phone or camera)?
- Do you remember your First Grade teacher? Tell us about him/her.
- What book that you read would you say was a real accomplishment to finish?
- Are you one to engage in debate on social media? Why or why not?
- Do you have a consistent bedtime?
- What do you think is the difference between and actor and a star?
- How many phones do you have in your home (not including cell phones)?
- What song do you consider your theme song? (Bonus if you can post it on your blog!)
- What is your most favorite city in the world, even if you’ve never been to it?
Just a review of the rules:
1. Thank the person who nominated you and link to their blog.
2. You must answer the 10 questions given to you by the nominee before you.
3. You must nominate 10 of your favorite blogs with fewer than 200 followers and notify them of their nomination.
4. You must come up with 10 questions for your nominees to answer.