Psst….. this is the last week of school. They’re almost done kicking butt in school and they’re ready to kick my butt over the summer.
Can I tell you a secret?
I’m not ready.
Last year, I tried. I really tried. I had chore lists, and reward systems, and vacation plans. A lot of it didn’t really go according to plan. It was okay– I’m not about to beat myself up for it. This year? I got nothin’. I’m a little scurred. So here– let me just think (and type) out loud what I’m going to do:
- Definitely do the summer reading program with the kids
- Early morning jog/walk– Regulator goes to a large-sided field in the Fall and the boy needs some endurance!
- I’ll try the “chores for games” again
- Get all the kids into the dentist’s office
- Have a good vacation (new destination this time– hope it works out!)
- If it’s not showing soccer, the TV is off
- Have a couple trips to the town pool
- Have a couple trips to the in-laws’ pool
- Soccer camp-y-ness for any or all of the boys
Hmmmm…that’s a start.
Here’s to a summer that may not be 104 days long, but will have their diems carpe-d.