25. Four weird traits you have
We’re all a little weird, right? Ok….
- I’m big on compartmentalizing. I think a lot of things have a specific use, and those uses are absolutely not interchangeable . There are school snacks and home snacks; garbage bags and carry bags; tomato sauce pasta and cheese sauce pasta; exercise clothes and school clothes and soccer clothes and church clothes. If my kids try to eat their school snacks at home after school or on the weekends, I get very irked. Is it monumentally important? Of course not. But I can’t help it.
- I hate naps. Adult naps, obviously: children napping makes my day. But those occasional days off when The Hubs has the nerve… the utter GALL… to fall asleep in the middle of the day?!?! Argh!!!!!! Doesn’t he SEE all the stuff that needs to get done????????
That being said, I require a nap once a month (if I require one every day for a week, it’s because I’m pregnant– the one nap is because I’m the *opposite of being pregnant* if you catch my drift). It only takes about 20 minutes, and then I’m back to doing whatever I have to do. But I don’t really like that I even need that nap. Sleeping is for night time. In bed. For EVERYONE.
- I love crafty projects. I suck at crafty projects. Scrapbooks don’t get done. Cross-stitch kits get abandoned because I messed up a line. Half-finished crochet projects everywhere…I’m getting better at it. I think.
- If a kid’s show is good, I’ll watch it on my own. Right now, it’s Gravity Falls and Arthur (PBS). They’re just good quality. And Gravity Falls, like Phineas & Ferb before it, is intelligent humor that I really enjoy. It’s nice to know that I can watch it with my kids… or without.
Here’s to nerd-maste: the weirdness in me honors the weirdness in you.